Archive for Drumming
Join me this Friday, September 16th, 2016 for a Full Harvest Moon yoga on the beach at 6pm, 68th Street, Virginia Beach, VA. Join the event on Facebook here.
After the yoga, stay for the Full Moon Drum Circle, led by Arthur Lopez, at 7pm, same location as the yoga. Join this event here on Facebook.
Full Moon blessings, y’all.
Raja Yoga classes led by
Raja (Royal or King) Yoga comes from the Vietnamese tradition of Yoga. It combines familiar yoga poses with strenuous exercise and is suitable for people at all levels of practice- from beginners to more advanced levels. Because my classes are small, I tailor them to fit individuals at their pace and skills, also what they hope to get out of yoga.
Classes are held Tuesday mornings at 9am, Friday mornings at 8:30am, and Wednesday evenings at 6pm. All students are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Please arrive about 5-10 minutes before the class. We’ll need a little time to meet each other and get settled before class.
- Bring a mat, if you have one (there are a few extras available) or a large towel.
- Wear clothes that allow you to move freely and that give you support.
- Eat lightly, and give yourself a couple of hours to digest, before class.
- Remove your shoes at the door. Socks are okay, but ideally we will practice barefoot.
- Turn off cell phones or leave them in your car.
- No perfumes or heavy fragrances of any kind. We’ll be breathing deeply and need clean air.
- Bring water, if you like.
- Keep conversation to a minimum during class.
- Most of all, bring an open mind and a positive and willing attitude.
- The first class is free. If you decide to continue, each class will be $10 per person for the 1 hour class. Pay ahead for 4 classes for $30, or 8 classes for $60. Bring a friend and get a free class.
All classes are held at 204 Parker Lane. Parker Lane is off of South End Road, and is at first a paved road, then becomes a dirt lane that makes a sharp left as you approach the bay. 204 is the 2nd house on the right after you make the sharp left turn.
Please call or text me at 252.722.1690 if you have questions, need help to get to class, or just to say hello. I hope to meet you soon.